Di Zhu, Ming Zhang, Jinzhao Chen, Monika Mortimer, Yichao Wu, JunLiu, Qiaoyun Huang, Peng Cai. Synergism between goethite size and extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) in the formation of mineral–mineral and organo-mineral complexes of soil microaggregates. Geoderma, Volume 410, 15 March 2022, 115650
- •Distribution of minerals in microaggregates revealed by SEM-EDS.
- •Coaction of EPS and mineral size on forming the complexes of microaggregates.
- •EPS is a dispersant in the mineral mixture containing nano-sized goethite.
- •EPS is an agglomerant in the system containing micro-sized goethite.
- •No effect in the goethite size on the complexes forming without EPS.